Help me OC further =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering when you would jump in on this PZERO :D

Can you explain a little more about the Higher HTT and Lower Multi allowing the ram to run at a higher speed?

Would that mean I could have better timings or lower divider if I used higher HTT and lower Multi? or would that mean that if my CPU couldn't handle anything over 2.7ghz but my ram could still go higher at 1:1 then you would do it to to allow your ram to run at its max speed.

If your CPU is maxing out at 2.5 lets say 250*10 and your ram will only be running at 250mhz, but its capable of doing lets say DDR600 which is 300mhz.

hmm

you can do 313*8 making your ram run at 313mhz and your CPU at 2.504 something. :) see

but in your case you want to raise the multi so you can keep the HTT lower so you can keep your ram at the 1:1 ratio which is better for an opty but really doesnt matter for AMD 64's so if you want you can. :confused:

Ok so I will drop my chipset, set a divider of 1/2 and see how high my cpu can go trying as high of htt as i can with multi of first 11 then 10 then 9. Any other ideas? ;)

Keep the multiplier at 11x, if you put the HTT over 250, you're supposed to lower the LDT to 3x. Make sure you do one thing at a time, remove the RAM from the equation while you're testing your max HTT by dividing it. When you're ready to test the RAM's max, lower the multiplier and raise HTT, keeping it 1:1.

Here's my San Diego specs:
  • [*]HTT: 256[*]Multiplier: 11x[*]LDT: 4x (haven't had problems with it at 4x)[*]RAM: 1:1 (DDR512)[*]Voltages: Vcore = 1.5v / RamV = 2.7v

Hope that helps you .

btw, I play BF2 smoothly with 1 gig.

Twizted_3kgt said:
LDT: 4x (haven't had problems with it at 4x)
Yikes! I read in the stickies that you could FUBAR your OS installation if you run your HTT over 250 with an LDT of 4x. You're very brave. :D

u seriouse thats meant to F**** currupt that easy?? dam my old a8n-sli deluxe (**** océr i thought) could do 270X5 without any problems running prime for 12 hours

i tried 300X5 with cpu at 7X multi and ram at lowest setting :p but it wasn't happy :( it crashed somthing like 30 min in

i posed bout it when i was doing it

Oh yeah, with the newer mobo's the LDT multi lowers by itself, so just leave it at auto and it will do it by its self :)

usually you won't f up your OS but rather your computer just won't boot. there's range that you should keep your hypertransport within so that everything will boot.

IE under 1000mhz but above, say, 600mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom