Video Card for $50 or less??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyr

In Runtime
Well I was going to get a 6600GT but recent complications in my budget have forced me to downgrade. :mad:

Anyway, could someone recommend a video card for me that costs around $50 or less? Are there any PCI-E cards for that cheap? I'm guessing not which means I'll have to change my mainboard to one that supports AGP. Oh well...

EDIT: I found this card on newegg, eVGA Geforce FX5200 128MB 64-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X - $46.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130173

I think it'll work for what I need it for.

dude, you can get a refurbished AOpen 6600GT PCIE for $103

you can't get jack for $50, all the FX cards suck, and the Radeons are still expensive

Basically, the only thing that a 6200 has over a 5200 is that it supports HDR and Bloom. I had a 5200, then I got a 6200, now I'm trying to go higher.

your better off waiting and earning until you have the money to get a better card, both options 5200 and 6200 are extreme low end, if your planning to game then the lowest you should go is 6600gt. if you can find the 5950 anywhere at a suitable price then that should do nicely, it has impressive performance but i'm not too sure about anything else.

tobes has already given my suggestion. in that price range it looks like a 6200 is a good option. all the people on this forum will most likely moan about how bad an idea it is but the fact is it will play games at a level that will not have you banging your head against the wall and it is cheap. i have a 6200tc and i play fear, hl2 and bf2. any arguments?

nitestick said:
tobes has already given my suggestion. in that price range it looks like a 6200 is a good option. all the people on this forum will most likely moan about how bad an idea it is but the fact is it will play games at a level that will not have you banging your head against the wall and it is cheap. i have a 6200tc and i play fear, hl2 and bf2. any arguments?

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom