new motherboard --> Black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregz

Baseband Member
Bought a motherboard today. Asrock dual sata2 939.
Friends reccomended it, and its quite popular here in Finland.
Anyways, assembled my comp (everything else was from old comp, and all working), start it , and get Black screen, or my monitor cannot connect. Tried to check some things but nothing works. So Im asking for some opinions on what could be wrong when a screen is black, and nothing is displayed::. things ive tried

-changing ram into all different "places"
-changed ram (from sisters comp)
-changed vga card
-assembled my old motherboard --> works as it should (a8v-deluxe)
-read the whole manual 3x
-reinstalled prosessor

my systeM: athlon 64, 3000+ ati radeon 9800xt, 512ddr 400mhz
2 hard disks, maxtor 200gb and other 80gb,

I doubt that these motherboards are sold broken or???

thx

Gregz-

Gregz,
Any BEEP codes ? How many ?
All power connectors are connected?
Does your video card need a seperate power connector?
List your 'exact model PSU', it may not be big enough.
Re-seat your video card; check connector for bent/broken pins........ if NOGO....
Try to get it to POST with 'barebone parts'; Mobo, video card, only 1 stick Ram, and no drives.
Any BEEPS ?????
JK

Tried all of that, resettings cmos. I even twice (speaking of work) put my old a8v-deluxe back, counted the steps, and did exact same to the new motherboard 10minutes after. SO nothing im doing is wrong. I hear no beeps, as if the whole motherboard isnt getting any power.. (I stop the fans gently with finger and hear silence, no sound at all exept from power fan) All power is connected, so im going to replace the motherboard in a couple of hours, be back in the evening, dont think it will help, but atleast I will know that its not my motheboard thats broken.

my power: antec 450W smartpower

all replies are welcome, thank you.

came back from the store, and heard the reason, this info could be useful for u guys if u dont know it, all asrock motherboards seem to have a compatibility problem with antec powers. So problem solved, im using antec. Im buying a new motherboard tomorrow, thx anyways guys.

He said that Asrock Motherboards don't work with Antec PSU's. Which I don't believe. If you ever have another working PSU on your hands try it on that board, I bet you it DOESN'T run!

I find it hard to believe too.
I was going to tell him to isolate the mobo from the case and try again, but he already decided on another mobo.
******** ???????????? **********

Its hard for me to believe it also, but the guy on the desk said, they tried connecting antec PSU's multiple times to this sata2 agp + pci-e dual motherboard, and none worked, only common thing was that all were antec (not all antec PCU Dont work, but some)
I guess I was just unlucky,

and before giving it back I::

isolated as you suggested--> didnt work.
ONLY thing i didnt try was to use my secold PCU that I had.
But i guess we cant be so sure, but 1 thing is for certain..
Asrock is out of my list, Its chep (60e) but id rather spend 40e more and buy eg. MSI K8N NEO2 PLATINUM nForce 3 Ultra, 7. 103.90e (thats what im getting now) any opinions if its any good?
looks cool, and has nforce3 so should be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom