sempron or athlon xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr34ky

!!GAMER!!
Okay my neighbors kids want a new computer but cant afford it so I thought i would build them one for free.Umm I was thinking about a sempron cpu(socket A) but then I heard there no good for gaming at all.Then a athlon xp 3000+ came into the picture and I was likng all the specs but the 333mhz FSB.I'am only going for little bit of gaming.Heard that the xp3000+ is pretty much like a northwood p4.
I was thinking of getting this:http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1784279&CatId=1912
Ohh yeah can they be OCed very well or no go.

well, if you're building it for your friend for free and you don't want to spend lots and they arent using it for games this would be better than nothing. If you want to get them a decent one get a amd 64 3000 socket 939 not a socket A. It can OC pretty good too.

yeah the more I read aobut it the more of a rip off it is.That is a good idea and I found that cpu on newegg with a mobo discount/combo deal.

That's a decent system, except for a few problems.

1) No OS. If he wants to game, I'd assume you'd want to get Windows.
2) No AGP card. He can't play games on onboard video.
3) Kinda outdated, but still, if he's getting it for free, then he wont care.

Also, if you're buying him a computer, then you're a pretty generous person. Awesome!

yeah man you really are a very generous person!! i would go for the amd 3000 socket 939 also, coz i also beleive that system on tigerdirect is a ripoff!!!!

socket 754s are VERY underrated & VERY worth considering for THIS computer BUILD as a present for NEIGHBOURS!

AnthraX said:
That's a decent system, except for a few problems.

1) No OS. If he wants to game, I'd assume you'd want to get Windows.
2) No AGP card. He can't play games on onboard video.
3) Kinda outdated, but still, if he's getting it for free, then he wont care.

Also, if you're buying him a computer, then you're a pretty generous person. Awesome!

How is a 3000+ 939 socket outdated?

I wasn't talking about the Socket 939 3000+. I was talking about the computer in his link. It's a Socket A Athlon XP 3000+.

Also, I too would recommend the Sempron 64 in a Socket 754. I have one in my second computer and it runs games smoothly. Only bottleneck is the video card. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom