64 bit monitor compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRgreen

Baseband Member
alright got my new comp put together (still waitin for my ram from newegg) and now its time for a monitor, does it have to be compatible with my os (win64x pro)? and 1 more nub question for you guys, this might be off topic but should i wait a couple of days after i install all my drivers before i OC, or is it best to OC right away?
LCDwide

You will find most modern drivers support the OS no problem. But yes it would be a good idea.

OC whenever you wish but keep a eye on those temps.

cool, my system should be set (ive already bookmarked all my 64x drivers for my gpu,hdd,cd-rom,mobo/chipset/soundcard) i had no idea about monitor support.
no worries bout OC ive read and bookmarked all the OC guides here. and plan on following them while i OC!

edit: i also plan on posting here while i OC as well just because its my first build and first OC.

i would do a good burn-in before OCing. you can download various programs that put the cpu at 100% load (like Prime95...recommended).... this allows the CPU to run at max temp to let the thermal paste set in and if there's anything wrong with the CPU, you'll know BEFORE you OC and possibly damage things, eliminating any chances to RMA.

i only play cs source, the monitor i have now is 25ms and runs fine,
the widescreen is 16ms (should be an improvement)?
i heard 8ms is recomended for gaming but how much of a difference is it really? also my optys heatsink came with a pad on the bottom of it, which i assumed was the same as the paste? am i mistaken?

edit: any 1 know what gray to gray means?
would it be worth it to upgrade to 19' wide clickMe for an additional 55 bones?
ty for all the replies too :D

i'd say the viewsonic its bigger has better response time and i believe viewsonic has a pretty good reputation.

I have a 16ms moniter, and up untill I found out it was 16ms and looked for it not refreshing fast enough did I notice it. Ghosting wise I don't see any. But it really hurts when my fps is ~30 and the moniter refreshes in 'blocks'. Made playing KOTR I&II very painful eye/headache wise.

my brother in law has been telling me to get samsung, he has two syncmaster152n dual display and they work great.
decided that widescreen is not that important and found this 17' 8ms samsung which dropped my total on newegg dramatically (i need foooooooooooood)
clickMe
other thoughts: wow samsung has some very expensive widescreens...
and ty for the replies again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom