Is this a good gaming computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Envy

In Runtime
Ok so Im thinking of buying this new rig.

Power Supply: ULTRA 500 WATT - AMD, Intel and SLI Approved

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI - Dual SLI, Dual SATA2 RAID

CPU/Processor: AMD 64 Athlon X2 4200+ - 2.2 GHZ with DUAL CORE

Memory: 1.0 GB DDR-400 CORSAIR PC3200 - High Performance

Hard Drive: 250GB Western Digital - SATA-150 and 8mb cache

DVD+/-RW Burner: SONY 16X Dual Layer - Burns DVD'S and CD'S FAST

Floppy Drive: 1.44mb Industry Standard - needed for future updates

Video: 2 Geforce 7800 GT cards /w SLI - Total of 512MB Memory

Audio: 8 Channel DOLBY DIGITAL surround - Integrated on motherboard

Ethernet/LAN: 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN - Integrated on motherboard

Software/Drivers: All original Drivers, Manual's and video cables included

Operating System: Windows XP HOME edition - Newest version with SP2

1 year Warranty, excluding "acts of god" (tornados, Floods, Fire, etc)

And the total on that is $1,999 dollars. Please tell me if any thing in here dosent look right. or if its a nice system :)

GAMES I WILL BE PLAYING ON THIS: Half life 2, F.E.A.R, Far Cry, CS Source, COD 2, QUAKE 4, and Doom 3

its a tough call a 512 version of the 7800gtx is a very nice card, one will get you far, but i dont know how the other members of the forum will take to a sli anything, but its your money so feel free to buy 2 if you please. but that setup you have now will play like any game with ease probly even the up coming unreal tournament 2007.
with all thats power consuption i would suggest getting an antec true power II
out of stock right now at newegg but i think this is the one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103931
or a fortron i know people who swear by these
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104934

you could get more ram if you have the money extra for it like G.skill ram just no value ram for overclocking it
but these are just my personal thoughts, id wait for other more respected members who are smarted too, to reply and give you advice

EDIT:
Unknown Envy said:
Hmm Ok thanks. Hey would I be better off buying a 7800 GTX and dumping the dual 7800 GS's?
i think you should stay away from the new 7800GS if your going to build awhile from now the GT and GTX are fine

the 7800GS ruined the good name of the 7800 series

ah woops. Im sorry I ment dumping the dual GT's and getting one GTX(256 version, 512 is just insanly exspensive) My bad sorry about that. But thanks for the feedback :):)

well the single GT and GTX is only a slight difference in performance in some games and in others the gtx is just alittle better still. but the price for 2x gts will be roudn 625$ depending on the model of GT.but the performance would be quite greater than a gtx.but to save money id just get a GTX and overclock, unless money is not an issue then get 2x gt's and sli them people will get upset and tell you "its only a 40% increase in performance" (alot of people on here dont like sli/crossfire)wll thats 40% more performance thats still good even thought on tomshardware it says 70% increase which i dont know to beleive or not

Well the two GT's would outperform a GTX I believe. But you would save some money. I dont know about that power supply. Also I suggest getting 2gb of RAM.

That computer would only be about $1500 to build.

Ok, Thanks. See im buying this of ebay new sealed inside box and I could email him asking him for a extra ram and a diffrent PSU...Thanks for the feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom