"SLI Selector cards", "SLI Bridges" whatever you call them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

quiq

Baseband Member
I have a biostar nforce4 sli motherboard that came with one of those SLI selector card things that plug into a slot between the two SLI slots to allow the two cards to communicate in SLI mode...

I recently gave away that little thing on accident, and wont be getting it back. Do you know if those things are universal on all SLI motherboards? Or would I have to buy one thats from Biostar?

I looked, and some sites sell the ASUS sli selector card for as much as $45 :angry:

Anyone know a good site to buy these things, and if any brand will work on my motherboard? Or...if you happen to have one you wont be using I'd gladly pay a little $$$ including cost of shipping

I have seen them for asus boards and dfi boards and they were definately different sizes. my guess is that they are proprietary and you would have to get one made specifically for your board.

Dang.

To clarify it is the SLI "bridge connector" I need, I do still have the selector card

The links dont work for some reason.... But yes, I have the little flat thing that says sli nf4, that was always lodged in the motherboard. But it is the weird shaped red bridge connector thing that I lost..

you could always e-bay the part. If you're feeling ingenuitive, you can afro engineer your own. That's what I'd probably do. American ingenuity is irreplaceable.

Ryan

I guess I could always try calling biostar and see if their nice. Ebay doesnt have anything but Asus last time I checked.

I have the ingenuity of a 2 year old. Funny thing is, I dont plan on running SLI anytime soon, sometimes its more cost effective to keep selling your used cards and buying a single newer one, but its nice to know you could run it if you wanted to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom