Opteron Or X2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
123Justin said:
yea but the thing is if u get the opteron, nd ovisouly ur gona overclock it right? so im assuming u do, and in order to OC a processor u gota have a nice OCable mobo and RAM, that makes ur cost more. a lot more. well thas wut i kno about OCing..

It would be nice if you would speak clear english :)

You can OC even if you don't have good RAM by setting a memory divider. That is what I am doing as my RAM kinda sucks for OCing.

With an opteron its guaranteed you get a 600 mhz overclock. If you dont get 700 mhz you got one of the bad ones.

memory dividers? wut is that, and if u use memory dividers.. does it lower the speed of the ram or everything is normal and its just like overclocking the procesor alone?

AMD 64's are not like the older processers.

They really dont have a 'Front Side Bus' that you simply overclclock. The CPU actually has an integrated memory controller for itself, which is seperate from the ram. This is important because you dont want to mess up your config options in the bios.

Your 'FSB' say, times your HTT multiplier, should never be over 1K. that is why if you increase from 200, you need to put it down to 4x, from 5x.

Someone has a really nice guide for those of you new to overclocking it, I'm terrible at explaining, but dont just dive right in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom