MS Outlook Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectra

Baseband Member
Ever since I installed the critical patch for Outlook from MS last week I have the problem that whenever an email arrives in Outlook it pulls the application to the front of the screen over any other program that I am using. I thought it might be something I could adjust in the settings for mail options but have not found a solution. Any ideas?
Thanks.

I have 12 other computers that were all patched and are still working okay. It's just this one that is causing problems. Usually when the new emails come in we get a ding and the envelope icon in the system tray but not the whole application popping infront of everything else.
My administrator is likely to can me if I go and uninstall the patch too :)

Apart from the guy who sits at it there is no difference in the environment for the problem machine.
Now there's a thought.........
No, seriously, it shouldn't be any different from the others. OS is XP, MS Outlook 2002 etc etc.

I have looked at the notification options in Outlook and they read as I want them to - unless I'm missing something.

Outlook jumps infront of all open applications be they MS or Report generators or Macromedia apps. anything. That's why it is so difficult to work with as you can be on the phone with someone reading off some data, an email comes in and boom, Outlook hops infront of what you're trying to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom