Are side panel windows overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I have a window and it's excellent, definately worth the extras money for me but if you wanna go cheap styles then take the side panel off all together which in a way looks better and offer better airflow. having no window really limits your modding options if you were ever to mod.

Some people take this "too flashy" thing too far. How can a window be flashy in any way shape or form. That's just dumb.

Anyways I like my side panel window. For one, I can see everything working, like the motherboard fault indicator lights, the fans, and airflow. Two, the LED's and cable sleeves look cool.

Get one.

it's only too flashy if there's a lot of lights on your case. i had one before and didn't like it because it was too flashy. but i got a another case (coolermaster cavalier 3). professionaly looking good

but i still like side panel windows. i have one blue LED fan and one UV cathode light. they're just about the right amount of lights i need. (colored cathodes are too bright which makes your case too flashy)

Different people like different stuff. If you go to LAN parties, a side window and lights are much more essential because people will think you are not cool or not 1337 if you don't have them. You can't say you are a hardcore gamer and not have case mods of some kind, especially at LAN parties. The nearest LAN parties to my area is 2 hours away, so I don't really have to take that into consideration. If I ever do get the opportunity to start attending them, I can always take a dremel and make the window myself. While I'm here, i decided to go for more of the professional look so I decided against the window. Plus, it was cheap!

yea I prefer the window on my case. I go to lans a lot and people that still bring there compaqs, hp's, and dells, feel inspired to start creating there own computer. When at home I cant see the window and it helps with all the lights on the fans and such. On the other hand I have friends that will never have windows because they think their stuff will get stolen .... lol(in the computer I mean...Of course there houses have windows)

IMO, they're purely for looks. the way my tower is set up you can't even see the window anyways. keep in mind, too, that if you can see inside your computer, you'll be alot more likely to waste...i mean spend:p more money on LED's, other lighting, UV-reactive wire loom and other stuff like that.

useful or not? for me, no. for others, yes.

well, i like having a window, its flashy but if you want a more professional look with a window the sporano or coolermaster centurion is a good choice, i like the window because it looks good and with the sleeved uv cables and stuff makes it look nice and i can how of my components. thats the biggest factor for me, but when you have a window your constantly obesesing "over the cables are in the way the cables are in the way!!!!" it also lets you take more pride in what you have by getting to look at it. shuttle pcs are nice with windows because if you have a bomb graphics card it is the first thing you see in the window.
so conclusion is yes, i like having a window, if you dont like it most sites have a side panel you can buy that fits your case for the more popular cases

I think you actually get more respect at LANs if you do the mod yourself with a dremel than if you buy a premod. I don't think my new case would look too good with a window though because it is barely bigger than a shuttle.

I like having a small case for a change, one that I can move around with ease anytime i would want to. It doesn't run as hot as you might think either. I miss the window a little even though I like the professional look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom