Black Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalk4

In Runtime
So this morning was I booted up fine and plugged in my printer and started to print a paper and left the comp for like 2 mins while the print job was going. When i came back there were only 3 pages of the paper printed out and my screen had gone black.

I thought weird and restarted. When trying to restart I get the WIndows Xp screen with the blue loading bar underneath and then my monitor light goes from green to orange. I restarted again and was able to load windows in safe mode but not normally. DOes anyone know what might have happend. I'm thinking that my HD might have just gone kaputz on me but I don't know why that would happen at such a random time. Please help!

No. Thats why I think it's so weird. It worked fine last night and this morning and then when i left to make some breakfast and came back literally 2 mins later. The screen was black and the light was still green at thsi point which made me think that a screen saver or somethin came up but then when I moved the mouse or crt+alt+del or anything nothing happened so I restarted and then the rest as explained above occured

I don't know how to do that. How do you access management console and check for error logs?

Boot up into Safe Mode and right click the "My Computer" Icon. Select Manage...

Access "Event Viewer"
Browse the "System" log and the "Application" log.

You should be able to see the time and dates of any entries in these logs.

Ok so I have the error logs up on my comp( on my roomies comp right now) but there are numerous errors... Are there one's I should be looking for specifically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom