sfc /scannow Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cway

Baseband Member
I run the sfc /scannow (Windows File Protection) utility once every couple of months. But after i ran it this last time, I noticed that after I restart my pc, it (sfc - utility) automatically starts running.
Can someone please assist me with correcting this??

Thank You!!

go to start, run, type msconfig, go to startup and post a screen shot, it might be in the startup now

I was just about to post a screen shot when I received a reply from another Tech Forum website....that said to run sfc /revert , and it worked!!!
It does not start up anymore...
Thx alot for your assistance!!

LOL.....When it comes to fixing computers...one needs to keep their options vast!!!

Thx again!!;)

Also, I recommend NOT using sfc /scannow unless you are having problems. If you are trying to fix something that isn't broken, you may actually be causing a problem by breaking what it is that was never broken to begin with.

killians45 said:
Also, I recommend NOT using sfc /scannow unless you are having problems. If you are trying to fix something that isn't broken, you may actually be causing a problem by breaking what it is that was never broken to begin with.

I agree with this..I have had nothing but problems running that tool.. Everytime it either always prompts for the XP cd every now and again or boots up like this guy was experiencing. When I think something is that screwed I have found it better to use the REPAIR option by booting from the XP disc. This might just be me though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom