Bigscreen Monitors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

slurpee222

Baseband Member
I am thinking of upgrading to a 40-50inch tv for my monitor, but have no idea what kind of tv i should go for, or the pros and cons of all this... anyone can help me?

Extremely low resolution compared to any computer monitor.

But if you really want one...

Actually, look at buying four 19" LCDs. Set up you rig with two graphics cards with dual outputs, buy a rack to hold the monitors, and you have an extremely high res 38" display... for about half the money.

you could probably need a really nice video card to go along with the TV or monitor(s). enless you need this setup, i could just go with maybe a 30" Apple Display since they are saxy as all get out lol.

Get an LCD TV that has a VGA (D-Sub15) port. Like BYOC.info said, you'll need a nice video card.

Ok thanks, ive heard that with the lcd tvs that you can burn images into them easily if carelessly left on, or after extended use you would have to turn them off for a few minutes to cool down?

May I ask why you need such a large screen for a computer? But well, if you really need that, I guess they have LCD TV's that will give decent image quality for around $2000-2500 for a 42". If you just like to see everything big, I personally think a 24" monitor is great. But if you're like me and like to see multiple screens and applications open, dual 19"s are great too.

I need a new tv... so i thought why not get one to double as a tv and a monitor... i dont NEED one that big... but might as well get something i can use for a while.. ive had this 17inch old school monitor for the last 6 years (still hasnt crapped out surprisingly)

I have a 50 inch RP LCD TV. It has 2 spots for monitor in. I really like using this TV because it allows you to split the screen in 2 so I can watch TV on half and work on the other.

As far as burn in goes, I never heard of LCD having burn in problems, I was under the impression it was mainly a Plasma/CRT problem. Persistant may occur, but this can normally be corrected by showing a white screen for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom