RAID 0 on P4C800-E Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwatc75

Baseband Member
I am looking for a little support for setting up a RAID 0 and am getting confused with my Asus Manual. Manual has 2 ways to set it up (I'm assuming that one is software and one hardware) The first is Promise RAID (using the Promise FastTrack 378 Driver) and the Intel RAID (the software, which I apparently can't do with the 875P chipset). I have looked for guides and can't find them, just other peoples' problems.

I am running XP Pro; and want to RAID 0 (2) identical Seagate 80 gig HDs. hopefully the screen shots of CPU-Z will post here:
mobo.jpg

CPU.jpg

Perhaps someone has links for guides......btw, this site rocks
Thanks in advance.

did a little looking for you found this. http://support.asus.com/faq/faq.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P4C800-E Deluxe
supprot for setting up rain on your board and the faqs page
http://support.asus.com/faq/faq.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P4C800-E Deluxe
Looking at the manual for your board it looks like a similar setup to mine. I would use the onboard raid sata connectors. your board has 2. when your board boots up you should get a screen to press f4 or alt/s to enter raid utility. once the drivers are connected to the raid connectors on your board you can go here to set up the raid arry. then you will need to get the win drivers to use when installin winxp (ie the fun press f6 button for third party dirvers)
Hope this gets you on your way.

(1)IMO, the Asus manual and website aren't very supportive. The links that you posted are bringing me to same page. On 2nd page there is a link in there about setting up RAID but even that link is down.

(2)anyway with you're guy's help, I think I may be ready. However, what should I install first (1) RAID Drivers or (2) SATA drivers? I know with my old XP Pro SP1, I had to have the SATA drivers on hand with my previous install

(3)also, I will be using a blank 80 gig HD and an identical 80 gig HD, but the 2nd HD has my OS on it that is running now (and it is also partitioned) Is there anything special about reformatting one of the HD's when doing a RAID 0?

(4) How much longer are we going to have to use floppies? grrrrrrrr

Thanks in advance

Check the notes at the bottom of page 135.

1. If you use either Windows XP or Windows 2000 operating system (OS), copy first the Promise FastTrak 378 Driver from the support CD to a floppy disk before creating RAID configurations.

2. Refer to the Promise FastTrak 378 Quick Start Guide and SATA Quick Start Guide in the support CD for detailed information on RAID configurations under different operating systems.

Check what the guides say about in what aorder to use them.

Nothing special about the reformatting. Just reformat it like any other hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom