overclocking my 3000 winnie 939

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
ok i just sold my old motherboard, and cpu setup. socket A/462 is now the past lol... and i got 939 winchester 3000. all my specs are in my sig, but my cpu will not go beyond 1.9ghz. the memory controler on this cpu has to be the worst, although it was all i could afford. these chips are 6 out of 10 with bad memory controlers i guess mine was 1 of the 6 lol, because ddr500 isnt happening. i tried 4xHT 213mhz fsb 1.45-1.64v and it wont even boot, this is horrible. although i didnt down grade from my old xp2500@2.4ghz, i was still expecting itleast 2.0ghz out of this chip. this is disapointing my dimm booster is almost a waist, i can pump 3.8 volts to my memory if i wanted to, i got it at 3.2v now, this memory seems to be running 2236 420mhz. and thats about all i can do with this chip :( anyideas of something in my bios im doing wrong, becasue ive heard of a average winchester 3000 doing itleast 2ghz

okay, you did like no research and are not quite thinking logically about your overclock. If you have PC4000 memory, you shouldn't be frying the living **** out of it at 3.4 volts. Drop it back to stock voltage! It should be doing that speed, no problems without a voltage raise. What're you talking about FSB voltage? Is that your Vcore? If so, you need to creep it up when the processor becomes unstable.

Ryan

ok right now my cpu is at 1.84ghz. at 1.425v/ if i put my cpu to 1.9 or 2ghz @ 1.45v-1.5v it will just sit on the post screen,ive tried lowering the voltage and raising more and nothing happend, lowering the memory to PC2700 and timmings of 3-4412 nothing is working i also backed my memory voltage down to2.8- 3.2v and nothing.... and this memory wont fry at 3.4v trust me ::: knocks on wood::: lol 3.2v is the default recomended , anyways my bios have some things in there i dont know what it is, like ( SPEED SPECTRUM) DISABLED/ ENABLED??/ the other day i had this computer in windows at 1.9ghz @ pc3300 2336 timmings and it worked flawlessly, i tried to hit 2ghz and then i had to flash becasue of it stuck on the post screen when booting. any ideas? i know i need to run my HT at 3x anything beyond 250mhz FSB but this chip doesnt even do 3xHT 210 fsb @ 1.5v very dissapointing...

sounds like a rotten overclocker. I mean, if I were you, I'd start from the beginning again and ease into it. It's not something you just dive into, face first. set the ram at everything default. It's plenty capable of running at 220mhz. Then ease up the processor HTT. When it has an error, raise the voltage of the cpu again. Just a little though. not an entire .1V.

Ryan

:'( dam thats horrible

my winni does 2.7ghz (3200) and is just a bit unstable at 2.8 :( thats with 1.55vcore and a ram devider. the 1.55vcore moves around a bit so betweed 1.5-1.6 :( cos of the a8n-sli deluxes crap voltagle controll

well ive actually gotten to the point of getting it to go higher, but it just wont boot to windows. lol my memory is default, my cpu is at 4xHTT and 222mhz fsb 1.45v and it just sits on the post screen, and this isnt my memory because it will do 444mhz at 3338@ 2.9volt. im not giving up on this chip just yett, because if it was a a bad overclocker would it even get to the post screen? the highest this chip can do with lowest voltage is 209mhz 5xHTT 1.36v. im not sure should i just sell this chip? or is it just not clocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom