computer problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

taruman121

Baseband Member
well here goes.
im new to the forums so hi everyone first off.

i came into the gaming computer market with no knowledge.
so i trusted a brothers friend and he ordered me a pci-e vid card and a horrible processor. and turns out that they werent going to work with my computer.
so that idea was done and i have a decent video card and a horrible 2.6 intel processor laying around now.

so fine i thought i could sell those somewhere, so i continued and bought a computer off ebay and it came in broken. so now im still argueing with paypal to attempt to get money back.

and it seems ive looked everywhere but my budget is around 800-1000 with monitor. now the cheapest way is to build i heard but i've heard it gets very complex. and i just cant find a nice deal and to be honest i wouldnt know a really good deal if i saw one.

Was just wondering if someone could show me in the right direction of a nice one, or just explain how difficult the process is to build one by myself.
im looking for a decent gaming computer that can run guild wars, counter strike and battlefield 2.

i really appreciate all your time and efforts in advance
thanks alot guys. :D

i recommend going to search and typing in 1200. check some and there are some people who are going for 950 dollar computers

Wait why not keep the video card and CPU, as long as the CPU is socket LGA 775 it can be used, P4 2.6ghz isn't great, but it's not bad either, it holds some value. You can use the video card for now to act as a "placeholder" until you get more cash to upgrade. I think that's the best way to go.

thanks alot for the fast replies first off =D.

also i understand most of how good a product is. im just not comletely sure how to build it.
if it was as easy as just screwing some pieces in and popping things into place but i heard it might get pretty annoying.

anyone know any nice computers(no ebay) or a nice cheap setup, something that will work decently but nothing too crazy.

once again i appreciate it guys.
thanks alot.

Well if your desperate and you need a cheap but semi-powerful gaming rig, although I hate to say it, I guess the Dell XPS 400 is an okay option. You can get a 17" LCD, Pentium D 2.8ghz, 1 gig 533mhz memory and Geforce 6800 256 GDDR3 for around $1200.

As much as I hate Dell, they seem to be the only offer if you don't want to build, and you need a rig on a budget.

well Brtnboarder495 are you trying to say just put in the vid card and processor into the computer i mentioned before.

see if it was a decent computer i could understand but its a dell dimension 3000. and as you guys should probably know you cant transform that computer into anything near a gaming pc.

alright, well it looks like the best way to go is to learn to build my own.
and it sounds like i would get an overall better pc, at a better price, and a nice satisfaction out of it

thanks for your opinion Brtnboarder495 but definately do not want to go with a dell.

thanks alot for your help guys.

Yea good idea, learning to build gives you the ability to use quality parts and you learn how your machine works at the same time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom