post check

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
hey..
ok here is thing..every time i turn on my pc it beeps(five times) as i understand that is called post check....now sometimes during use of my pc it beeps,i have no idea why ,i thought that should only happen during the first time only?
iv been told that i can disable something called "USB device enumeration" which might be cousing the beep code and if not it could be an error...now my motherbored is an ASUS A8N PREMIUM any idea where can i find that in the bios ???if i dont hve that what might be causing that ????
thanks

ok here is what iv done..i disconected everything ...then removed one stick of ram(2/512) and keept the other in slot b1 as said in the asus user guide then switched the sticks same thing on both sticks....then i removed the gpu but keept in the ram ..same thing ..now what?

It is a phoenix Bios.....read this:

http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml#phoenix

You need to pay very close attention to the length of each beep and the pauses bewteen each beep. If you have a naked board with just theCPU and ram and you get the codes regardless of the RAM installed.....I'd be worried about the CPU or MOBO. Does windows boot? Are you getting any errors when it is running. If you can get it to boot you need to check the CPU core temperature.

AFter the beeps, does windows load normally?

For AMI: 5 Short Beeps Your motherboard is complaining. Try reseating the memory and rebooting. If that doesn't help, you should consider another motherboard.

Is this a new mobo or used one? Have you OC'd your system? But I really need to know if you can boot into windows or not.

will i boot into windows fine no problems at all...
i tried removing the memory and puting back together ,,the gpu same thing,the mobo is brand new i only had it for a month or less,and my system isnt overclocked at all

If windows is booting up okay just check the CPU core temperature. Did you put new termal paste on that CPU after the new mobo install? If the CPU temp is okay....you may just have to run it with beeps unitl (whatever it is that is causing the problem) failes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom