x2 4400+ advantage over x2 3800+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are awesome processors, you can't lose with either. Go with this...
X2 = Not overclocking.
Opteron = Overclocking.

Jason S said:
Both are awesome processors, you can't lose with either. Go with this...
X2 = Not overclocking.
Opteron = Overclocking.
Your clearly biased. Do you know that the opteron's and the X2's even have the same core for some brands :p ?

The 3800 can be overclocked fairly high and use the Manchester core if I'm not mistaken. The 4400+ is a Toledo core and is the virtually the same processor as the FX-60 and can easily be overclocked to the FX-60 levels on stock cooling (aka I did). The 4400+ can also be OC'd to the 4800+ levels at the same Vcore resulting in little to no increase in heat. I am willing to bet with some better fans you can push it even higher so please stop the hype as it gets fairly annoying.

Lastly the Opterons run at hotter temps than the X2s.

Kitire said:
You are buying it retail? Naughty, naughty...

But from what i understand, i could be wrong, the defference between a 512 and 1mb cache is around 200 MHz ROUGHLY, so multiply that by both cores, and if one has a 512 cache on both cores, the other piece has 1mb on both cores, around 400MHz or 300MHz increase. Worth it.

lol wtf?

The difference between them is 512 kb

Tyler1989 said:
Your clearly biased. Do you know that the opteron's and the X2's even have the same core for some brands :p ?

The 3800 can be overclocked fairly high and use the Manchester core if I'm not mistaken. The 4400+ is a Toledo core and is the virtually the same processor as the FX-60 and can easily be overclocked to the FX-60 levels on stock cooling (aka I did). The 4400+ can also be OC'd to the 4800+ levels at the same Vcore resulting in little to no increase in heat. I am willing to bet with some better fans you can push it even higher so please stop the hype as it gets fairly annoying.

Lastly the Opterons run at hotter temps than the X2s.
umm both the 4400+ and the 175 are 2.2ghz. and the opteron will most likely overclock more. overclocking the 4400+ to 2.4GHz and 2.6GHz are just a mild little piddly overclock. Thats only a 400MHz overclock. I have my opteron 165 overclocked to 2.75GHz with 1.425v, and it's 1.8GHZ stock. Thats a 950mhz overclock, and with 1.525v, I can overclock it to 2.8GHz, which is a 1GHz overclock. I will bet you an arm and a leg you won't get a 950mhz overclock on your 4400+. And right now the max load temp is 44c, what do u mean they run hot??

As far as the 'you're buying retail!?' comment........ehh yeah I'd rather pay a little more for a warrenty dude. Most of the ones I've seen are maybe $20 more than the OEM with the exception of CPU's that are hitting upwards of $700+

And if you're going to say "Well you're gonna void that warrenty by overclocking" then, yeah that's true, HOWEVER.........that won't stop me from sending the CPU in anyway :p

You know, if you use the socket 939 opteron CPUs on a motherboard that is not certified by AMD as a workstation mobo, then your warranty is technically void.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom