my new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailshe

Baseband Member
i just got a new video card
pny verto gforce6600 256mb pci-e
just pluged in and used the install cd.
is there anything else that i need to install besides the cd?
Now all of the games i play are racing games like gtr lfs,it plays with no problem at all.
The only thing is when i start the game xpand rally on high settings it restarts the comp. why? but plays fine in safe mode. I had older comp before with some cheap video card and it did work with no problem.

How do i know if i installed everithing correctly?i did not unistall anything. is it ok
what setting are usually best in games i mean what resolution
what resolution should i run my screen too?
what is better 16-32?
i just have no idea about computers.
do you thing it's ok card that i got? i feel huge deferents.
what deferents would i feel if i get the 6600gt?

what is antialiasing setting?
thanks

get the latest drivers from http://www.nvidia.com
For games & everything try to run 1024x768 with 32bit color
the 6600gt is a fair bit better as it has gddr3 not gddr2 (different memory types, ddr3 is better) but after uve bought it there is no point in getting the GT.

Downloading the latest drivers for the video card off of Nvidia's site is a good idea, gives a performance boost. You can overclock it a bit to boost performance further.

I'm guessing it restarts because your video card can't handle the set graphic settings, but I don't understand why it would launch in safe mode though.

The only thing you want to uninstall are the old video card drivers, and you know if you installed everything if you installed the latest drivers and it works :)

For that card, because it's mid-ranged, 1024x768 is probably a suitable resolution, but you can choose any resolution that your monitor and video card offer.

The 16 and 32 "things" are the texture bit depth I believe, and 32 is obviously better and more detailed, however it may compensate some performance when activated.

The card you selected is a good mid-range card, decent for gaming, although I would of spent the extra $25 or so and buying the 6600GT, which grants GDDR3 memory and much higher clocks. I can't compare the 6600 to your previous card, because I don't know what your previous card whas :p But if you upgraded to the 6600GT, you would probably notice somewhat significant improvements, depending on the game. Your processor and memory are also important, because if too weak, they could bottleneck your video card. So I'd advise posting your processor and memory information.

Anti Aliasing is an option that can be activated that basically makes everything appear cleaner , more crisp and defined. It basically smooths shadows or small things in games. Here is an example.

Hope this answers your questions, if not let us know :)

thanks, i did not find any drivers on nvidia
please take a look at this image is it ok that my video card is so close to another?
i wanted to get audio card *** well but not sure if there is space
what do you think?

Your fine with the cards being that close. Maybe it's a power supply issue. What kind of powers supply are you using to run that card?

EDIT: from the looks of the picture it's probably a brand name computer like Dell or HP correct? If it is you most likley going to have to get a new power supply.

it is sony pcv rs720g
i dont know what power supply is there, it is stock
so do you think it is all right for cards being so close,and would audio card feet there? ihave one more slot avail.
iand the computer always make alot of fan noise too.
and thanks for help.

i so that but thre is no drivers for my graphic card.
do i have to uninstall the old ones?

i just installed battelfield demo and after install it saz that i need do update my drivers from nvidia,and when i am instaling drivers it saz this drivers are older the you have now.
so what should i do install older drivers?or keep new ones?

and every time i start my computer it saz new hardware is found if i want to install.
why?
i already install the card and it is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom