foreverxyoung

In Runtime
Hiya guys :]

Computer Specs -

CPU - AMD 64 3000+Venice Core
Motherboard - DFI LAN Party nForce 4 Ultra-D
Video Card - eVGA 6600GT 128mb
RAM - 2 x 512mb OCZ PC3200

well my problem is that my computer sometimes gets this blue death screen i guess thats what u guys call it, a blue screen saying something bout maintenance, or it restarts randomly. Somtimes when im putting a cd in/out. Or loading something in my games. I thought it was the ram at first cause i bought PQI value so i returned it for a OCZ one but i dont know model, just not it wasn't anything fancy. Also, my second CD ROM drive doesnt get detected in the BIOS or during Windows is up. I checked the cables and everything and even changed the data cables but nothing. its like its not getting detected but it has light and can eject and what notch.

I thought it was the power supply so i replaced it with a aspire one from newegg. 550w but when i plugged everything in, there was light on the motherboard and the lil light near the ram but then it didnt turn in at all. nothing. just two lights on the motherboard. i press the "safe" turn on switch directly on the board and still zip.

So im thinking is it my power supply? or what. if it is, i think im ready to go buy a new one. Antec right? please help guys :[

I got "the blue screen of death" about a month ago, so I tried factory restoring my system but it wouldn't let it load. I got my hands on a Win XP Pro disk and installed it and so far it's running fine. I don't think it's your psu.

So your saying that it doesnt turn on at all now? Do the fans on the CPU heatsink spin when you power on?

If nothing is working it leads me to believe that you didnt put in your new PSU right. Make sure everything is plugged in correctly. If you live in north america the switch on the back of the PSU should be at 115 v, if your somewhere else then its usually 230v but dont do that just yet, post what it's on or you can fry your psu (if you live in a place where the outlets deliver 230v and you set it to 115 v you kill your psu, and maybe your system).

maybe your mobo is fried :/
switch it out with a spare or a friends to test the theory.
GOOD LUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom