HP Pavilion Fan Probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooky_b329

Solid State Member
Hi, my first post here so high everyone.

I have a year old HP Pavilion, its got a fan system that idles away all the time, and then switches to high speed for short periods when the comp is working harder and warms up. When it switches between speeds the computer pauses for a second, which is no problem normally. But lately I've been playing some of my games online, the sound goes wierd for a while, then when the fans speed up the sound fixes itself, but the problem returns when they slow down again. Plus its **** annoying when the PC freezes momentarily when playing online!

Is there anyway I can change the temp threshold that triggers the fans, or even just force them to stay on when I want them to? I would just plug the fan into a different socket on the mobo but they're pretty loud when going full speed so this isn't really an option.

Can't see anything in the BIOS :(

Thanks

The CPU fan is thermally controlled, if you Could mess with it, don't. When the CPU fan increases in RPM you shouldn't notice as a user, there should not be any hesitation or pauses. I am curious though, your thermal controller might be going bad, have you been checking temperature lately? It could even be an underpowered power supply issue, do you have an upgraded video card? Does it meet the "recommended requirements?"

Its not the CPU fan, its the case fan. Computer is standard and has always done this, I'm pretty sure its normal. It doesn't speed up smoothly, its simply switches from slow to high. I think my comp hovers around 60c, its a P4 3Ghz HT processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom