Computer Won't Turn On!! HELP!@!@!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying-Squirrel

In Runtime
Oh my god I am freaking out!!

Everything was fine, running just how it should. Then yesterday my new heatsink came (TT Big Typhoon). It is a big fatty so I had to take my MOBO out.

So I unplugged and removed EVERYTHING. Before doing that I reset my bios to its defaults. I installed my new heatsink and then re-installed everything. I even used good cord management so that I would have good airflow by putting cords behind my MOBO and pushing all extra cords into drive bays etc.

I finished and plugged it in. The little light on my MOBO was on how it normally is so I thought all was well and pressed the power button built into the MOBO................

And I got absolutely nothing. :mad:

I tried the power button built into the case and also got absolutely nothing :(

I am not that great with computer hardware so I am praying my *** off that I am simply missing something that should be fairly obvious. Please help me!! Nothing turns on at all asthough its not even plugged into the wall. The only thing that shows any life is 1 small light on my MOBO. Not even my diagnostic LEDs will turn on.

So I started goin nutz unplugging and replugging stuff, I totally screwed my nice new cord management and pulled stuff out incase it was being squished by my MOBO. I just don't know what to do, nothing seems to work.

Please give me some suggestions, I am at work and will have to write down suggestions because I am not computerless at home :(

Could I have tightend the heatsink on too tight? Would that cause this stuff? Do I need to reset something on the Powersupply or Computer?

HELP ME!!!!!! I will love u forever if you get my computer working.

Make sure the F-Panel is configured correctly. Its a set of small Pins that connect to the front panel including Power on, reset HD Led and Activity Led, there should also be a wire for internal Speaker.

Unattach everything But CPU, RAM and Video card. Then try it.

Remmeber all this should be done when the computer is off and you should ground yourself before touching any computer component.

K i'll try it with just CPU, RAM and Vid Card. I have checked and re-checked the front pannel configuration but that shouldn't even matter because I am using the Power and Reset buttons built directly into the MOBO. Those can't be messed with so I know I didn't mess those up.

Anyone else have suggestions?

Ste is right, only I would take it one step farther.

Take everything out of the case and leave only the power supply, motherboard, cpu, and ram. You won't get an image without the video card, but that's fine. Start the computer and you should hear a beep from the motherboard. If you get a beep then start adding other parts one at a time (next video card) until it finally boots or you add something that stops the process.

If you don't get a beep you've isolated the problem to either your CPU, motherboard, or ram. It could be a few things now. You took out your motherboard. Maybe you didn't install it properly and it is grounding out on the case. Or maybe if you put thermal grease on you put too much on and it leaked over the edge of your CPU onto the motherbaord causing a short somewhere. Or maybe your heatsink screws into something on your motherboard and you overtightened it and cracked something. Or maybe you played with your RAM and didn't place it fully into the RAM slots. Try these things and see what happens.

I also asked around at DFI-street and they gave me a link to a picture and I think I may have found my problem. I didn't have the right connections from the PS to my MOBO. I had my "24 Pin ATX Motherboard Connector" plugged in and my "4 Pin ATX12V MoBo Connector" plugged in but I don't think I had my "4 Pin Molex Connector" or my "4 Pin Mini-Drive Connector" plugged in.

I will try runnin it with my PowerSupply, MoBo, RAM, CPU, and Vid Card with all 4 of those plugged in and see if it works. Thanx for the help all, i'll let you know how it goes.

u have plugged 1 wrong wire ..so its not working..check ur CONNECTIONS AGAIN ..and MANUAL 2.....

Wohooooooooooooo problem solved. No it wasn't a loose wire :p

My big typhoon is made in a certain way that interferes with my board. The screw sticks out a bit unlike the stock heatsink and so was touching the metal of my case and shorting out the whole thing.

So I was able to use a piece from the stock heatsink to install my big typhoon with and now everything works perfectly =). Goin to let it burn in tonight, then try to get a decent OC tomorrow with it. Thanx for the help all

You're lucky you didn't fry your whole PC by hooking up the power supply the wrong way.

i didn't hook it up the wrong way. all i did was not have 2 cords in that it needed at first so it didn't have enough power. then when i had that right, the heatsink was grounding the whole thing out. now everything is fine though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom