x2 4400+ advantage over x2 3800+

Status
Not open for further replies.

123Justin

In Runtime
As everyone knos the 4400 has a llarger number of cache then the 3800, but wut i wanna kno is does it make a BIG difference in speed, or its barely noticable? is 4400 worth the extra 200 bucks just for the 1mb more of cache? (i live in canada so the prices r expensive down here)

Try and get an Opteron 165 if you can, it has 2x1mb of cache and it's dual core, and you can get it for as low as $300 USD in some places. And it overclocks like mad (much faster than the 4400+)

the thing is... the only opteron dual core they have at the place im getting it from is the 175. but coud u just tell me if cache makes a lota difference?

You are buying it retail? Naughty, naughty...

But from what i understand, i could be wrong, the defference between a 512 and 1mb cache is around 200 MHz ROUGHLY, so multiply that by both cores, and if one has a 512 cache on both cores, the other piece has 1mb on both cores, around 400MHz or 300MHz increase. Worth it.

lol why wuts wrong with a retail processor?

also the difference i see with opterons and athlon x2 is that athlon x2 has a larger L1 cache size then the opterons, but the opterons overclock WAYYY better then the athlon x2s. correct me if im wrong

both the x2s and the opterons have 64k * 2 of l1 cache. Some websites will just add that up and say 128k, some will just say 64k, and some will say 65+64k, but they all have the sam ammount. if the 175 is about the price of the 4400+, i'd get it.

the opteron 175 is actually cheaper then the x2 4400 lol. but one last thing about opterons, isnt the opterons all about the steppingss u get? thats kinda like taking a chance with 600 bucks..

also woud the opterons overrclock nicely with the stock heatsink/fan?

If you get a 175, you'd be pretty hard pressed to get one that dosn't do at least 2.7GHz, most likely more. I know the dual core optys come with a heaksink similar to the xp-90, so I'd say yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom