Windows 95 reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course some versions of Windows 95 where released on floppy, if your is then just boot of this disk or run a:\setup.exe to start the install.

Your Hard Drive will have to be setup and formated.

Boot of the boot disk, you require CD-Rom support.

You will know that Windows install has begun when the following screen appears.

I messed up sometghing, because after reinstall 95, every file is there... nothing erased.

You said bootdisk95a.exe should be opened > it writes to a floppy. Right? I have to use that floppy in anyway to erase the files?

thanks, heg

when you fdisk your system, you can delete the partition and make a new one which erases everything.....

Warez Monster said:
when you fdisk your system, you can delete the partition and make a new one which erases everything.....
fdisk???????:confused::eek::D

u mean floppydisk? how to delete the partition?

ok, I see your problem. You are trying to fdisk/format while in windows, STILL. Read his previous post, you cant do this in windows if you are wanting a clean install. put the Cd (win95) in your cdrom drive. If it starts to autorun, kill it. You cd in the drive ONLY. Restart the computer with the cd in the drive. You should see something like press a key to boot from cd. Choose that option (depending on version). Also, try creating a boot disk the following way:

In Windows 95, Microsoft has created a new method of creating a bootable recovery diskette. Unfortunately, however, this diskette does not support CD-ROM support and is missing a few recommended files. To do this, click Start / Settings / Control Panel / double-click the Add Remove programs icon / click the Startup Disk and create disk.

No, before formating or anything you'll need to add the atapi drivers. One thing you may want to try doing is booting on you cdrom atapi disk. Ah ****, just read this link and follow its instructions...

http://www.everythingcomputers.com/windows_boot_disk.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom