Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBarry

In Runtime
Hi Just recently build a new rig, specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 San Diego 3700
Gigabyte K8N Pro SLi nForce4 SLi (Socket 939) PCI-Express
1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 184pin DDR Memory Dual Channel
PowerColor ATI Radeon X800 GTO 128MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express)
80gb SATA Seagate HDD
dvd-rw drive

Right i placed the Windows XP disc in for the first time, it formatted fine, restarted etc. But then it went straight back into the same thing after it restarted, no windows installer. I have no idea why. The cd-drve is in the ide slot 1, and the hdd is in the SATA slot 1. The boot process is: hdd, cd-drive.

Help please

After the computer restarted did you take the CD out?
That would be the only thing I could think of... :confused:

Did you install your SATA drivers before you installed Windows? Does your BIOS show the drive?

Nope, didnt touch anything. Just let it restartm then it just went straight into the 'checking system configuration' and into the reformatting process again.

IIRC after everything is all said and done, and your computer restarts you have to take out the CD, and what is installed on you hard drive takes it from there.

SamBarry said:
Hi Just recently build a new rig, specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 San Diego 3700
Gigabyte K8N Pro SLi nForce4 SLi (Socket 939) PCI-Express
1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 184pin DDR Memory Dual Channel
PowerColor ATI Radeon X800 GTO 128MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express)
80gb SATA Seagate HDD
dvd-rw drive

Right i placed the Windows XP disc in for the first time, it formatted fine, restarted etc. But then it went straight back into the same thing after it restarted, no windows installer. I have no idea why. The cd-drve is in the ide slot 1, and the hdd is in the SATA slot 1. The boot process is: hdd, cd-drive.

Help please

I thought that your CD drive had to be the first bootable device when loading windows and your HDD second.

argh this is ****ing me off now...i tried the diskwizard on the seagate site....cd-rw doesnt work, floppy doesnt work. cd-r doesnt work.

:(

I dont think it does....how do i install the drive?

Download the SATA drivers from here:
http://us.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/Driver/Driver_GA-K8N Pro-SLI.htm

Put them on a floppy. Hit F6 during installation to install them. Without them, your mobo can't see your hard drive.

Here's a link to the manual:
http://america.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/FileList/Manual/manual_sata_raid_os_nforce4_ultrasli_e.pdf
You'll notice that the first half or so of it deals with SATA drives and drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom