Lanparty Vs. Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyr

In Runtime
What is the difference between the DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D and the DFI nf4 Ultra-Infinity? All I can see is that the Lanparty has two PCI-E 16x slots and the Infinity has only one. Other than that I think they are exactly the same, no?

The DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D has a PCI-express x4 slot, an additional PCI-express x16 slot (which I don't understand because it's a non-SLIable board, so having more than 1 PCI-express x16 slot is pointless), a better onboard sound "card", 2 more USB 2.0 ports and 3 more audio ports than the Infinity. Of course it's a little larger in physical size than the Infinity one (but still ATX size), doesn't include the COM and LPT ports that the Infinty version offers (which are most likely outdated and insignifcant anyway) and doesn't support RAID 0+1 (which I don't think is used often anyway).

Basically, the Ultra is the latest "revision" of the Infinty board, it would make more sense buy it than the Infinty.

Well the Infinity is $35 cheaper so why not get it rather than the Lanparty? Basically the only thing that makes the Lanparty better is the Audio Chipset and the fact that it can be modded into an SLI board (doing this will viod the warrenty though).

True, you merely have to rub a pencil between two connectors on the chipset. It even calls itself a nForce4 SLi afterwards.

the Ultra-D does support SLI, but only at 16X/2X (meaning one card gets 16X PCI-E bandwith, the other gets 2X PCI-E bandwith)
however the 2X bandwith for the second card does kinda bottleneck newer cards (it's a bit slower than AGP 8X)

the SLI-D and above can run SLI at 8X/8X (both cards get 8X PCI-E bandwith)

I went to DFI-Street and depending on who you ask, some say the only difference between the LP and UI is another LAN port and some UV PCI-E slots. Others say the LP has more OCing options in the BIOS and that the UI wont OC as far. I personally don't even know how to OC so I think the Infinity would be good enough for me...

yeah notice its called lanparty for one reason it has 2 lan ports so you dont have to buy a card if you want in and out lan

my LanParty doesn't have 2 Ethernet ports. but it still glows and OC's like none other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom