write error while burning

Status
Not open for further replies.

phenomenom

Solid State Member
hi everybody. i got problem with my cd burner. this all happened after i used the system recovery application (kind like formatting my pc but it doesn't delete my data files). when i burning, it says 'write error'. i dont know whether the problem is with my cd burner or the pogram Nero i used. how do i check that my cd burner is still working properly. any help will be much appreciated.

thanks.

If you are using Windows XP burn CD using the native cd writing utility. If that works, the burner works, narrowed down to Nero. Did you do the nonDestructive restore because of the cd burning problem? Try reinstalling Nero too...

i use nero 7, the demo version. i tried to find the native cd writing utility but i couldn't find it. maybe i lost it after i applied the system recovery application. i didn't use the nondestructive restore because of the cd burning problem, but it was because my computer was running terribly slow than usual. and after a few days, i used the nondestructive restore.

do you know if it's possible to restore the cd burner to its original condition?

i appreciate your help. thank you very much.

I'm not sure what you mean by restoring the CD burner, it can't in a software sense. The native XP utility is best tested by inserting a blank cd, if your autoplay is normal it'll show a prompt asking what you wanna do with it. Select "open a writable folder." Dump a small amount of files in that writable folder, about 50MB of stuff is good. Then just hit the "write cd" on the upper left or something like that. If autoplay isn't on as in you don't get a prompt upon a blank CD insertion; after inserting the blank CD wait for about 15 seconds. Navigate to that optical drive then dump files into it, try burning....

ok i've tried you suggestion with a small file and it really worked well. now i will try with 700 MB. i will tell you the result then. now i know the problem is not with my cd burner.

thanks a lot mate. you have been very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom