X-( Windows is messing up like usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent_Joka

In Runtime
I am running windows XP Home Edition SP2 and, It seemed to be running fine about 4 days ago. Lately (past 2 days or so) I have been having loading problems with it. When I connect to the internet it takes about 10 mins just to load Mozilla Firefox. Also, Windows Media Player skips while playing audio files. I have done anti-virus scans with PC Tools AV, Ewido anti-malware, Spybot Search & Destroy, Ad-Aware SE and, Spyware Doctor. I have done other system clean ups with CleanUp!, and some WinASO programs. Could those programs have messed my computer up? If needed I can supply HJT log. Thanks in advance. Jeremy

Open up the task manager and see if any programs are using a crap load of CPU processes while you're not doing anything.

Have you installed anything lately?

Well, when I open Task Manager, things seem to straighten up but, I close the Task Manager and I can have about 30 mins of good performance, then BOOM! my comp slows down/freezes for a bit. The only things I have installed lately, was ZoneAlarm Personal Firewall, ScrewLab and, HJT.

Oh, and btw, when I stay connected to the internet for about 30mins to an hour, I can't access any websites.

Never uninstall SP2, more problems will more than likely occur. check msconfig>startup tab to see if you have a lot of programs running, if you do, disable al but yout AV

Well, when i had xp home and i installed Sp2 my pc ran like crud and games where just terrible, so i uninstalled it and everything ran smooth. Sp2 in some systems doesent work to well. "Microsoft for ya".

most of the time, they run into more problems when they uninstall sp2, but not 100% of the time. Its better to slipstream it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom