graphics card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

marely

Beta member
Hi,

I decided I would sell my 6600GT on ebay. I had a aftermarket cooler on as it was considerably overclocked. Since I was selling it I thought it would make just as much with the stock cooler as it would with an expensive one. So I decided to bring the clock speeds back down to stock. I did this in the nvisia control panel. So I did this and shut down the computer. I did not turn it back on beofre I took the card to change the cooler. When I put the card back in there was no responce, the PC would boot but the screen would have "no signal". I am thinking that I messed up the cards bios, by not restating the PC after I changed the clock settings. What do you guys reckon?

I am used to changing parts about and take all the anti static precautions etc, so thats all I can think off.

So do any of you have any ideas?

Thanks..

Whe the computer boots up tap F-8 to get to teh boot menu. Once there you want to boot the system in VGA mode. You should be able to get into windows to install the drivers.

Urge... wtf are you talking about?

Anyhow try the card in another PC if you can. Did you ever flash the video cards BIOS? The card might have been damaged is what I'm thinking, since you seem to know your stuff.

This is a really long shot here, but try unplugging optical drives. Maybe your old heatsink fan used less power or something. I really doubt this but if you've got nothing else to try...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom