problem with computer freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fgreco

Baseband Member
Hi, I have bought my computer like this. The thing is I cleaned it out free of sypware or adware or viruses. Now I checked the harddrive and the memory that came out good. The computer always runs on a high temperature I check the fan temp and it is high. I checked the fans to see if they are spinning right, tight and they seem to be working right. I have a hewlit packard pavillion a620n. I hope you can help thanks.

These issues can be pretty difficult. Check out the event viewer to see if it managed to write an error in the system or application log. Also check to see what happened just before it froze. Maybe when a certain service starts it causes the crash You need to figure out if there is something in common.

I have norton anti virus, and adware se personal for the adware cleaner and I have macafee fire wall. I use computer for aol/internet mostly.

The_urge I dont know what you mean I am just an end user.

If yo are using XP or Win2000 then go to Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer. Once in the event viewer on the left side of the screen you will see application system and security, there might be others as well. Click on the system and then look to teh right hand side of the screen. What you are looking at is a log of events that take place in your system. most of them will have an "i", which stands for information. There are also yellow exclamation marks and red x's. The yellow is just a warning it means that something did not run as it should have. If there is a red x it maens that the issue was a bit more serious. Either of these could potentially case a system to freeze. All of the entries also have the time at whick they orrured. YOu are looking for erroros that coincide with your systm freezes.

-w32time

-server (The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{B76CF906-4B0C-4FF5-AA2F-EECF0C1D05EC}.)

-dcom (DCOM got error "The service database is locked. " attempting to start the service netman with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{BA126AE5-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}) Some other like these or simular

-service control manager (mrrate service failed)
I have found all these and just these.

my computer just froze. I went to computer event like you told me and this is what it says.

service control manager.
The mrtRate service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

the internet browser I was using was aol.

sorry for tripple post. I am just eager to get this problem fixed and I should have just edited my first post.

I just deleted quicken. I had 2004 anyway not 2000. my computer froze again and it was the same message. I ll see if it freezes without the quicken on my system. thanks for helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom