Good mobo and ok cpu or good cpu and ok mobo?

Wat would you rate my computer?

• (#1) AWESOME

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (#2)Better than mine..

• (#3)Thats Tight

• (#4)Gaming Computer?

• (#5)O.K.

• (#6)Sounds Dusty

• (#7)Horrible

• (#8)Looks like my grandmas build

• (#9)Is this a pc or gameboy?

• (#10)Are you kidding

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
I am debating on what i should get for my upgrade. I am thinking either a DFI lanparty UT nf3 250gb socket 754 mobo and a cheap sempron 64 3100+ so i can oc. That would be cheaper which i would like. OR an athlon 64 3200+ s939 and a cheaper asus A8VMX mATX mobo.

I never had a top of the line mobo so the dfi lanparty sounds good to me, but also the s939 is more upgradable. I like both but i would like to buy the dfi lanparty and a cheap sempron to oc. What do you guys think?

P.S. I knwo before in my other thread i said i was getting a s939 for sure but i am having second thoughts, so someone help me out.

I'd definately go the 3200+ with the ASUS for future upgradability and also that the processor would outperform the Sempron, mobo choice wouldn't do much for performance but the DFI would easily be the better quality board. Well to me the upgradability would out do having a Sempron and overclocking it, it's a mistake to buy in the last generation sockets and practically choosing to out date yourself.

The Semprons overclock quite nicely btw.

OK i guess you guys are right. I was just trying to make it vheaper but i guess i will just stick to buying a s939 mobo and cpu. I am getting a $100 dollars though pretty soon and i am looking for s939 mobo that is good for overclocking and has an agp 8x slot because i just bought an agp videocard so thats what i need. Can somebody help me find a s939 mobo with an agp slort plus its good for oveclocking?

thanx ryan, but i need it to have an agp slot because i just got my vidoecard for christmas and i dont want to buy a new one. Is there any good s939 mobo's with gp for overclocking?

Apokalipse kept recommending to me when I bought my system to got the Abit 3rd eye, it has AGP 8x and overclocks great, not sure about availability but you should be able to find it if you try.

i say get the 3200+ and my MSI K8N NEO2-PLATINUM

best AGP OC'ing mobo out there :D and i will sell it to you for cheap :)

Get the 3200 no question. BTW "filocardhustler" how do you like that case? I have the same one and I kind of find it flimsy.

those two motherboards that were reccomended were rare i guess as i couldn't find them on newegg.com nor tigerdirect.com. So can someone just reccomend em a decent sokcet 939 motherboard with agp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom