Speaker crackles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Threepwood

Daemon Poster
Ok so I've got relatively new speakers, a month old or so. They are logitech 5.1 speakers. My problem is that the front left speaker makes crackling noises once every few seconds, it is VERY irritating. I tried reinstalling the drivers just to make sure it wasnt a driver issue, that did nothing. Ive made sure all the connections are in firmly. Does anyone know of any stupid thing it could be? I'm not going to open them up seeing as they are still under warranty. As far as I'm aware there is nothing magnetic near it so it can't be that, theres a USB cd drive next to its, thats all.

Edit:

After doing some testing it found out that the sound crackles on the left channel of any speakers, wtf?

Oh my god tonight has been a ******* for me. So I opened up my case to make sure there wasnt any dust on the onboard sound "card", then i closed it back up. Guess what I can't boot it because apparently my chassis has been intruded and it wont stop (its a safety feature but its only supposed to warn you once, mine keeps doing it). So now what im doing is unplugging the battery from the motherboard to reset the BIOS, will this kill the data on my RAID sata drives? I also disabled the stupid case feature to let you know if the case was intruded, what a stupid feature. Boycott thermaltake and asus, that's what im doing coming next build.

All right now I'm panicking. I tried to pull the battery, had it out for 15 mins. Now it is STILL giving me that god awful chassis warning and I can't get into the bios, the recovery BIOS cd isnt working. Nothing is working for me, nothing.

If I can't get this working I am so screwed. I'll have no computer (on sisters right now) and will probably buy a laptop for university. That will force me to retire from gaming for another 5 years.

All right well I've been through **** and back but I finally managed to get it working. Turns out you need the case thing plugged in so it circuts the track, allowing it to boot. A lot of weird stuff has happened though to my PC. Messanger is screwed up, half of my programs are registering as "new" programs in the start menu. This probably all has to do with my windows clock getting messed up though so I'm not sure.

Thanks for offering me ideas. Normally I know my computer stuff, I can fix others comps fine. For some reason though when mine screws up I panick, and do stupid things rather then logical steps to getting the problem fixed.

On a side note the sound still crackles...:/

This may sound a bit dumb, but could it be my video card making the sound crackle? Is there any possible way that could be true? I only noticed it about the same time I got my video card. Could it be something about the frequency of it, or the fact that it sucks up more power then my old card? I also put a fan right near the video card, could that have any effect?

It could also be a bad connection between the jack and the plug.

Try wiggling the wire to see if it makes it worse. And clean both the plug and the jack.

No I can't until I have a one of those things to short circut the two pins (the little tiny things that cover 2 pins). I dont have any right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom