What makes people want to distribute warez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
I'm seriously curious about this, why do people distribute warez.
I mean all it does is kill bandwidth, and the people distributing the files really don't gain nothing out of it.

I mean I've sent big files to my friends and it kills my bandwidth and my computer is pretty much useless to do anything during the duration of the file transfer.

Anyways, just curious on everyones input on warez distribution, why do you guys think people distribute warez for ? What do they seriously have to gain from it, only thing I can possibly see is them gaining a jail sentence.

Not that im complaining or anything, I was just curious

Thats like asking why do people create milicious virus's? It thrills individuals..just like an obsession like anything other. The badwidth usually isnt an issue since they are usually running servers to run the applications not really affecting there personal PC. No one really knows? Why do ppl steal?Why are people racist? Just one of those worlds mysteries...also bragiin rights to all there hacker buddies ;-)

RELATIVE DEPRIVATION !!!

No one likes to get ripped off,, and when people feel that something is priced out of their reach, they will look for alternatives to attain,,

For the Provider,, they feel empowered to be providing access to those less fortunate, while STICKIN' IT TO DA MAN!

TWO BITS,,

CHEERS

i would say 99% enjoyment.they realy dont gain much more then that.they dont make money off it,it may even cost them money.
not a whole of people have been charged or gone to jail.the ones that have are the ones that had first hands on the product.

spfd said:
I mean I've sent big files to my friends and it kills my bandwidth and my computer is pretty much useless to do anything during the duration of the file transfer.

that would depend on the internet connection.on cable you can upload and have little affect,but dsl you would need to throttle the upload a little to have full download speed.

Its simple....when you go to a warez site (And I am not saying i have :p )

The pages are LOADED with popups and Prono Banners....

That is why they do it. For the Ads which result in the money!

i just want to say many of you guys do not understand much about warez. warez is no longer distributed much through HTTP. it is now evolved into IRC, ftp, and file sharing apps like bittorrent and dc++.

you would either give a command to a bot to download a file, get a listing of available files after subcribing to a newsgroup, or go connect to a server. once you get into dc++ or modus directconnect it will feel like you are now part of a secret underground cult.

if you do not understand the purpose of free software distrubution that you are "from the outside looking in". spfd the principle is basic, they do it because this is a community like any other. i mean what else is there to do? play online game of tiddlywinks? http://www.tiddlywinks.org/

CrashAbbott said:
RELATIVE DEPRIVATION !!!

For the Provider,, they feel empowered to be providing access to those less fortunate, while STICKIN' IT TO DA MAN!

They dont do it for the money resulting from banner advertising. Granted, some people do, but the majority dont. The people who know how to make and acquire Warez normally are not about money. They are the Linux and FreeBOS and the Hippies of our time who are bootlegging this software and 'Sticking it to the man!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom