Klipsch Vs. Logitech??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

BassMasster

Beta member
i want new speakers for my laptop inspiron 2200. i was thinking about a 5.1 system, i have a sound blaster live 24 bit external sound card so that i can support the new speakesr but i dont have the speakers yet becuase i dont knwo what to get. Ive read some reviews on the logitech z-5500, z-5300e and klipsch pro media 5.1. all the the reivews praise them except for the short leghth of the cables (which isnt a problem for me) so im not sure which to get. i have about a 100-200$ budget and am looking for some speakers with nice deep bass. im mainly looking for speakers for Music (from my laptop) and am not too worried about useing them for home audio or gaming. anyways.....any suggestions on the 3( sets of speakers) i have mentioned or even any that you know of that i havent mentioned????????????????????

i would go w/ the logitechs, i have the x 530's and they sound great
the z 5500 blow mine outa the water
enjoy them!

The klipsch would probably give the best sound, if they are the same as the promedia 2.1's which are f'in awsome, but it comes at a higher price tag than the logitechs. I think they start about $350+, so you would have to get one off ebay or something if you want it under $200.

COMPATIBLE???????

Thanks for the advice i think im gonna go ahead and buy the 5500's. I have one more question tho, im not to tech savy and i dont know about inputs and outputs for the wiring on teh speakers. i bought the sound blaster live 24 bit external sound card as you might have read but im not sure if they will be compatible with the speakers, what i mean is i dont know if they wiring will pulg into the sound card right or not. i read something about optical inputs or soemthing like that and im not sure if the sound card has optical inputs. as you can tell i dont know what im talkin about but i need to know if theyll work together or not..??????

you'll have 3 plugs
one is for front centre/subwoofer
one is for front left/front right speakers
one is for rear speakers

your speakers will work on most sound cards, however it should at lest support 5.1 if you want the surround sound

I hear good things about the Logitech Z550, but also, I've heard Klipsh is the best speaker brand out there. Except they are a tad spendy. I'm gonna be getting the Z550's soon too. Hopefully they sound nice.

all ive ever herd is that the logitech speakers (basicly all of them) are kick arse sound. I would buy the Logi's over the klipsh just because i know that they are rocking and they dont cost as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom