Should I RMA My 6800GS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanM

Daemon Poster
The 7800GT prices are getting lower by the day. My 6800GS' 30-day refund period will be over in a week and the price difference between the 7800GT isn't that large considering the performance increase. I have this 6800GS sitting here doing nothing because I planned on upgrading my current computer, but I have several compatibility issues (part my fault for not doing enough research, part Dell's fault for not being able to take out the gd motherboard). I'm building a new PC soon, but I'm thinking I want a 7800GT.

It'll cost me $29 (restocking fee) off the $199 6800GS cost, so I'll get $170. The 7800GT is only $275 after mail-in rebate http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130247 . So, should I do it?

i have the eVGA and the 7800gt i got from that deal, and i have to say the eVGA mobo is doing great. i've had absolutely no problems at all, works like a charm.

The only difference between anything on the spec sheet is the $359 one is listed with a drivers CD...

If your 6800GS is eVGA you might want to look into the 30-day "Step-Up" program. It is for cases like this, its is thirty-days I believe, you might still have time.

I was just pointing out that's the only difference on the spec sheet. Unless it's missing something, all I need to know is which is the better motherboard (refer to an above post with links).

Edit: Above poster - I had no idea about that. I will definetly look into it. Thanks.

Edit #2:
The EVGA Step-Up™ Program is available to all EVGA graphics card customers who purchased their graphics cards on or after 1 FEB 2004, and are within 90 days of their purchase date (based upon their invoice).

Sweet! I still haven't finished reading it though.

Edit #3: About the Step-Up program... I assume you have to pick from the choices on EVGA's website, right? Because the price of a 7800 GT on EVGA's website is $399.99 :eek: (http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=256-P2-N518-AX).

If so, I'll probably be better off with RMAing the 6800 to Newegg.

Too bad I hadn't seen the Step Up program earlier...I probably would have bought a 6600gt and then upgraded to a 6800gs if it wasn't powerful enough for me. oh well.

edit: oh yeah, evga charges a good $40 above what I paid for the gs through zipzoomfly, never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom