Booting and DirectX Problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax

Baseband Member
I got following two problems which seriously troublems me a lot :-

Firstly,I have to shake d power supply or HDD,with stick, to make my PC boot up.Please tell me why is it so n how to solve it!

Second problem is that I'm unable to play any game in my machine.So i check d DirectX files.On viewing d details,i got this message,"The file qasf.dll is an old version, which could cause problems.
You should reinstall DirectX to get the latest version".
So i install 9.0c version n my PC shows that it installs fine.After restart d version still remains as 9.0b!
Please tell me how to uninstall DirectX so that i update it?

My PC configration is :
AMD 2000+
ASUS mobo
20 GB HDD
256 RAM
Win XP Pro+SP2

THANKS A LOT FOR UR REPLIES!!!

WTF? uh well... prolly got a bad powersupply, or there is a loose connection somewhere. Wut games r u trying to play? i see u got 256mb ram that is very low to play any game. your hard drive is small, and what is ur video card?

prolly got a bad powersupply, or there is a loose connection somewhere.
I have 'INTEX ATX-300W' power supply.Is this enough for d spec i describe here?Also i clean my PC to remove dust n fix tight connections but nothing works :(
Wut games r u trying to play?
I only play casual games like NFS UG2,MAFIA,SOCCER 2005 .These games requirements meets my PC configration...but still i'm not able to play them :mad:
what is ur video card?
I only have Onboard Display of 32 bits...but enough to play the games i listed above :p

@Warez Monster
What does it means,"PS for sure"???Please tell me briefly!

Also tell me how to fix the DirectX problem?

:cool: :cool: :cool: THX FOR UE PATIENCE :cool: :cool: :cool:

I did not have spare PS.
But I thought that the problem is in HDD :rolleyes: because whn i press POWER button,my PC starts but did not boot-up :confused:
So I think PS is in good condition ;)
POST MORE REPLIES HERE TO HELP ME!

Yeah this is wht i'm saying that d problem is in HDD or in PS :amazed:

Also tell me d solution of my DirectX problem...PLEASE tell me how do i un-install d DirectX so that i can re-install it???

Sounds like something is screwed with your OS..I would try running a repair then re-install SP2 if it is not slipped stramed into your CD..then re-install all security updates..then re-install direct X 9.0c.

Sounds like your power supply to me as well. More so it sounds like a connection from the power button to the mobo. Have you looked in there to see if the wire that goes from the power button to the mobo is nice and secure? Just reseat all your power related connections and see if that helps. I would try a new power supply before a new HDD since its cheaper and easier to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom