MotherBoards: Feedback Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

In Runtime
Ok i've had good responses from my other posts so here's another...

I'm building 4 new pc's this month. I've never built one from scratch before but i've got plenty of experience taking my current one apart and putting it back together again (been through hades and back with this old dinosaur).

I'd like some feedback on a couple of BRANDS of mainboards i'm currently looking at. Let me know if you've heard of these, or if you've got anything good or bad to say about them, ok?

BIOSTAR mainboards
SYNTAX mainboards
SOYO mainboards
GIGABYTE mainboards

Feedback please!

Out of all those I would say your best bet is Gigabyte, but if you will spend a little more you can go with Asus or Abit, which are by far much better than any of those boards.

I'd say Gigabyte too, best of the bunch. I agree with bandage_boy about just spending a little extra for an Asus board if you have the means.

I think Gigabyte motherboards just have a nice layout, color, design etc..

Asus motherboards look like they were pulled out of cow crap but by far there one of the top motherboard manufacturers.

Building 4 computers, heh. Gonna be expensive =p

But if you have the money, get the asus boards /w wireless integrated =P

Asus is by far the best boards ive built 3 top of the line and never had a problem with any of them .Study up on them look at the options they offer and compare them with all the rest. So my philosophy is " Go big or stay home :) " .

Thanks for the feedback. This place rocks. I joined a couple other tech forums but the responses have been flighty.

I checked out that site bandage boy suggested... newegg.com . I see they mainly lean towards pentium based mainboards. They did have a better selection of asus and abit boards. I'm looking to stick with an AMD processor, although i may consider using an Intel Pentium. I absolutely will not use a Celeron chip as i'm completely biased against them.

Money really isn't an issue, i'm more than willing to buy the best boards out there. I've done lots and lots of comparison shopping. I'm building 4 pc's (2 of which will be mine) and networking them all together in my home. I'm also planning to get a server (thus all the linux/server questions in the other forums).

What exactly is the "wireless integrated"? I recall seeing that on a few boards but didn't really look it up.

Gigabyte would definitely be your best bet in those you named. Never heard of Syntax though :confused: .

ASUS, ABIT and MSI got some real good models too.

I would always go ASUS... but for less money Gigabyte are respectable and make nice boards!...

I saw the two evil words above: Intel and Pentium... /me hisses

AMD all the way for me, but i suppose it is down to personal choice

I have a Gigabyte board and it's performed beautifully so far, but from what I have heard ASUS is the top-of-the-line as far as motherboards go.

Plus, ASUS is just a cool name!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom