Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake14430

Baseband Member
I have started to build my first high performace pc and its safe to say that I have run into some issues as a go to assemble it. First I'll explain whats going. I get everything in there, all the power conected right go to power it up and nothing comes on besides the ram power and the main board power led, no fans or nothin, the PSU fan doesnt even come on. So I take out the brand new Antec PSU and go get it tested which like I had hoped it was bad. So I return the bad on and get a new antec hoping to solve the problem, but when I get everything hooked up again the same thing happens. Now this is where I could use some help

thanks

This is what Im tryin to get running

DFI lanparty ultra-d nforce 4
AMD x2 4400+
2gb corsair
550 antec (possibly broken again)
eVGA 7800gt

well I don't know why anyone didn't reply before but i'll try to answer you. Firstly your PSU is probably dead, even a dead PSU sitting in a system allows the LED's that sit on the motherboard to be on. Try testing your system on a couple of PSU's like another one in your house or a friends or something if they let you, this will help isolate the problem. When my generic PSU died I thought the switch or motherboard might be faulty but upon testing on my sisters PSU which happened to be ATX and compatible to my hardware it worked so it might be the case for you. If all CPU's fail you then it's probably a motherboard issue.

Antec is a quality PSU, I have one with no issues which isn't a very good indication so good luck.

OK I have an update no the situation.
Now I have two different PSUs both Antecs and two different boards one a DFI and and the other an ASUS and they both do the same thing so I'm pretty stuck as to what to do next if someone could help me out I would appreciate it. But Ive got to turn off this computer so I can use the crappy PSU out of it to test on the setup. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom