password protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I'd go with EE or WinRAR or 7zip but you do need the program installed to extrat the files. Then.

EE is an encryption program but also has can conpress at the same time, WinRAR and 7zip are compressing programs but also have built in password protection

bradybnmci said:
You can password protect files. In the ACL you need to remove the "Everyone" group. You can pick and choose you you want to access the Files in that folder. MAKE SURE YOU DONT DELETE THE ADMINISTRATOR GROUP. If you are sharing a machine with another person, make sure they aren't an admin on the machine as well. If they have an Administrative account, they can see anything you can.

This doesnt do much at all..the ACL is easy to hack by changing ownership...NTFS is very weak :) Even if you altered the ACL (Access Control List) to have only him on there a local admin could simply take ownership and access the file. I say for password protect EE as well.

i basically just want to passwork protect folders on my usb pen so people at school cannot steal my coursework again. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom