HELP! CD Drive on Laptop runs extremely slow now, used to work great b4! IDK what hap

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiSty1ez

Solid State Member
I have a laptop, a DVD-RW drive and now it burns and reads extremely slow. I cannot play a CD (watch DVD, play Music) or even burn a CD. It used to work perfectly fine before and I don't know what happened to it. DMA is enabled. I can't think of another solution and I've searched google, yahoo, other forums and I can't pinpoint an answer. Please help!

Probably not, being that I do not know what an IDE cable is :eek: .... All of a sudden it just runs extremely slow.

Still need help people, to update, I have not opened the laptop at all. All of a sudden it just started to run slow for no apparent reason. Does anyone have any ideas?

Download Nero infotool and toolkit and speed test your drive and see if it meets up to the standard as stated by the manufacturer.

Also see if there is an update to the drive's firmware and clean the lens.

I downloaded infotool at other tools Nero had. My read speed is at 6x! Now I know that is not what it should be at! So far I've looked all over the internet and still no answer, does anyone have an idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom