New MSI 6600gt doesnt look all that great...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one said the 6600gt is a high end card, but it can play half life 2 very well. I use it, and play on 1280 res with 2x AA (most maps), and 16x AF with good frames. It seems like a lot of people think that if you dont have a 7800gt or anything then that card isnt good enough to play current games with decent settings. Stop the mid range card hating people, stop :)

i think the 6600gt is starting the become low-end cards and the 6800gs is now the midrange card

AnthraX said:
Well, I do know that you're right. But he has the AGP version. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the AGP version is crap compared to the PCI-e version.

AGP versions have 100mhz less memory speed on some model's.

Anyways, I would recomend reinstalling windows since you switched graphics cards. This crap always happen when you dont take the proper percautions while switching.

Running said:
i think the 6600gt is starting the become low-end cards and the 6800gs is now the midrange card
Really depends on your budget, but yes - for gaming purposes/recommendations on this forum, the 6600GT is pretty much the bare minimum now. Of course, there are plenty other cards that people still have that work just great, or that may be worth buying used for low-low prices, but if one was to go out and buy a brand-new card right now for gaming, getting anything less than a 6600GT doesn't make much sense.

Kitire said:
Just like Flanker, stop giving bad recommendations... or stop posting.... 6600gt not being able to have any anti-aliasing.. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

Dude, I'm not giving bad recommendations. I was trying to help the guy out. I said "I don't think you're card is built to have those on." I didn't say that "You're card cant handle those settings, turn them off!" I said the word think. I wasn't sure so I put that in there. Plus, even if that card was meant to have those settings, maybe they were what was causing the problem. You never know unless you troubleshoot it.

Whoa, calm down guys, figured the problems all out, the card is perfectly fine.
Like I stated earlier, Half Life 2 ran weird only at 1280x1024, so switched it to that odd 1128 resolution, seems I'm not the only one who found weird issues at certain resolutions on Half Life 2...
Also, as far as Far Cry goes, I updated it to patch 1.33 and all is well.
I cranked up most of the stuff on both games and the card runs perfectly fine with no slow-downs.

I hate HL2 settings higher than 1024x768. Whenever I have it higher, the text is friggin huge. I dont know why? Oh well, runs smooth and looks good either way.

I had the same problem, its weird, you would think they would make it work on all the hi-res LCDs that gamers are using now-a-days, you would think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom