Aluminium PC Case + PSU + Ram on £130 Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravager

Solid State Member
I was wondering if anyone can provide some advice.

I have £130 to buy the stuff in the thread title.

The cases I was looking at include the Thermaltake Tsunami which is around £75 with VAT. I was considering the Soprano, but I dont really like steel cases. Other brands are pretty expensive, like the Lian li 6070 :D What would you guys buy? Are there any good cases with PSUs included?

Also, since my old PC I has 512mb of PC3200+ ram, which Im giving to my little bro, would it be better to buy a good 512 stick for the amount I have left over? Or try and find some value product with 1Gb?

Well, there's a Xion II. Good reviews, lots of room, LED fans built in(and some pretty good ones at that) and it has a 450 W power supply. It is steel though. On the note about the power supply, don't use the one built in unless you're not overclocking, in which case you should just get any old RAM.

I'd recommend getting a 1 gig if youre not overclicking, because many games are starting to require that.

Look at the Super Lanboy by Antec if you are wanting a light case. It looks pretty sharp, and has good ventilation. No PSU though.

The soprano has cheap plastics at the front, and no vents for air getting to the 120mm fan.

The Antec super lanboy is nice, and the Hiper type R will sit nicely in there for £60-£65.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom