Water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've still got my bigwater plus extra rad :p

But in all seriousness dude, I'm not even gonna try and sell that to ya just because it really isn't worth it.

TDX Block - $50
D5 Pump - $75

and you're basically set, all you'd need is tubing, and then instead of a reservoir just get a T-line, save you space and money.

For a radiator I'd just go to autozone and pick up a 2-302 heatercore from a 1977 bonneville I believe it is. Heres the link I used to mod mine...they are about $25

http://www.ocmodshop.com/default.aspx?a=228

GPU block = another $50

You won't need 2 pumps and dont bother with a chipset cooling....not watercooling anyway, but beyond that the socket 939 boards dont get hot anyway. The chipset stays cool compared to the nf2s which would burn your finger

I didn't see a fan on your list of parts. If noise isn't a problem you should get a super fan for your radiator or get 2 radiators with 2 quiet fans, both selections should cool about the same.

The pump adds heat to the water so I would think 2 pumps would not be a good choice.

I haven't water cooled a PC before, But I know all about cooling with water from working on Dirt-bikes, Motorcycles, and Cars. The better you can cool your radiator down the cooler evrything will be:rolleyes:

I don't know what a pcb mod is:eek: or 1337:eek: can you fill me in?

only reason I didn't last fans is because it shoulda been common sense ;)

as far as two pumps go, yeah they add heat to the water, but it works, DEPENDING on the situation of course....which his really wouldn't merit it's use. It'd only be somewhat beneficial if you were running parallel loops and had your GPU and CPU blocks seperated with one of those two pumps for each but then that'd also require a seperate rad.

PCB mod I'm assuming he's talking about voltage mods specifically. Cutting traces, soldering wires, etc...things like that on the motherboard to add voltage to things like the chipset, memory slots stuff like that. 1337 = leet in 'leet speak', that's not really worth knowing :)

Nubius your post above my last post wasn't showing:p I was talking about his list on page 1, it didn't have a fan in it;)

huu... leet.... what....:confused: :rolleyes: :D

@ Nubius
Yea i considered your Bigwater but then again for the price i could buy one from Frys for 99$ ;) Also i listed tubing i believe which is the blue UV tubing from DD. I want a resevoir though BTW. Just something else to go w/ it thats 1337 haha. At the car radiator though, hmmm ill look into that. BTW im doing it on my LAN machine which uses a NF2 ultra400 so i need the chipset cooler

@ DBD
I have enough fans laying around the house to do the trick. Thats why i didnt put any on the parts list. Also PCB moding he already answered and i would be doing that on my board which would cause heat.

Don't try to save money on watercooling. I have a friend that bought a cheap watercooling setup and found out that a Zalman 7700CU air cooler can cool it better. If you're going to go watercooling, spend a good bit of money.

who said I was still wanting to sell it for $100? That was back then.......value depreciates over time.

$20!! kidding, if I wanted to sell it I'd do it for $50 like that board, HOWEVER, when I cleaned my room I packed it away in some box and I'm honestly too lazy to go through the payment and shipping process lol....plus you might as well just save up and do water cooling right.

Yea im guessing that would be a better idea anyway plus i would have all DD parts YAY. Also i didnt ask you for another reason cause last i heard you where still using it. 50$ though is hard to pass up but since your to lazy. Lol. I have 2 computers is why im saying that just in case anybody forgot but i spent 50 alone on my TT Copper Tower 112 on my main rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom