How Was This Oc Done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the main reason i am wondering is i would like to see a amd in th near future get to that level of overclocking. and yeah that cold, electronics dont like to work right, but it makes a sutible enviroment for hella-good overclocking.

it's just multiple screenshots dude. It's not like it's actually raising realtime like that.

I doubt it's stable... Those chips can't like -200*C. That's almost as bad as having too much heat.
....no....they like it just fine. It's the only way the top OC's of the world have been achieved......and yes this also means that they are stable. There are cases like where fugger got 7GHz but was only in the BIOS, but liquid nitrogen is fine. Perhaps if you got to absolute zero and all movement stopped, which is impossible, then you'd have a problem.

well the CPU wouldn't be turned on anymore to reach absolute zero. So you're telling me the contraction of 90nm pieces of metal at -200* isn't bad for it? I just don't see how that can be good at all. Maybe I'm just unimaginative.

Ryan

we aren't talking 24/7 use here dude. Those pieces of metal aren't even at -200C if you consider the fact that the temperature probe wouldn't be reading the exact temperature of the actual transistors. If it was bad, don't you think people wouldn't use it..............This is why it's called 'extreme overclocking' and reaching for world records.

I don't think they are too worried about ruining a CPU or two in the process. The thing would sooner die just from pushing it too far than it would from the cold. AMD even makes their CPUs (yes I realize this video is with an Intel) with thoughts that people will put some extreme temperatures on them, hence why they call it 'fixing the cold bug' so yes these CPU's can handle it just fine, but as I said it's not like it's joe blow 24/7 home use.

These "90nm pieces of metal" aren't being chilled that far and then shaken around, so it's not like they are in danger of being broken like a rubber ball dipped in liquid nitrogen.

Thats interesting. I read about people using LN but i had never seen a video of it. Wish i had that much money to risk overclocking a cpu that far with LN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom