Contrast ratio of 800:1

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipez

In Runtime
I have to pick between these 2 LCD, please help

DELL
UltraSharp 1905FP 19-inch Flat Panel Monitor $449CDN

Sharp and brilliant images of text and graphics with a maximum resolution up to 1280x1024 pixels
20 ms response time improves image quality in high motion applications reducing ghosting, jagged edges enabling crisp, clear images
Contrast ratio of 800:1 delivers high color accuracy and color uniformity
4 USB 2.0 ports — two located on the side of the display for easy attachment/detachment of peripherals

or

DELL
E196FP 19-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor $399CDN

Sharp and brilliant images of text and graphics with a maximum resolution up to 1280x1024 pixels
8 ms response time improves image quality in high motion applications reducing ghosting, jagged edges enabling crisp, clear images
Contrast ratio of 500:1 delivers high color accuracy and color uniformity
Built-in power and cable management feature helps to keep desk clutter-free
Viewing angle can be tilted 4° forward and 21° backwards for viewing comfort

Even though the top LCD you have on the list has an 800:1 ratio the response time is massive.

I personally would go with the 500:1 ration with the 8 ms response time.

lol,

I have gotten the 1905..20ms..it sux for games....

currently I use a crt because the LCD I had was shipped back to DELL

now they won't refund the moniter so I must choose. the 8ms is tempting, but i'm worried that it will be down the same lines as the previous one. I would prefur to see it in person. so I was thinking of just getting the better LCD and continuing to use my crt for games.

Personally I think you should consider the ViewSonic VX-924 19" LCD with 3ms response.

It's only $350 and it's much better then both of those monitors.

Personally I think you should consider the ViewSonic VX-924 19" LCD with 3ms response.

I have that. Awsome as **** for games, but its not that great for everything else. If your a hardcore gamer, its an awsome choice and you'll love it. I personally would get a veiwsonic with 700:1 contrast, 8ms(cause the one im thinking of has a very stable refresh rate unlike other 8ms lcds), 19", mva panel. Tn is good for gaming, but not as rich in colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom