oppy 165

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i oc the oppy to 2.2 what would the ram have to be oced to or what sort of devider would i have to use

Depends on the speed it's running at really ... If you buy PC2700 memory it's going to probably be different than PC3200 memory.

So.. if I got an opty 165... and nabbed 2gb of OCZ plat. ram (DDR400) and run a Blue Orb II on it in a nicely cooled case... assuming I get an ok stepping, could I easily get 2.2+ speeds?

I defintly want to beat my friend's 4200 and I'm wondering if going w/ a 3800 and oc'ing a bit is the better choice... tho I'd much rather have the opty.

Assuming you have PC3200 memory, you would have to set the CPU multi to 9, the LDT multi to 4, the HTT to 245, and the memory divider to 166 (5:6). These settings will OC your CPU to 2.2GHz and keep your RAM at DDR400. And you'd be VERY hard pressed to get a 165 that didn't do more than 2.6GHz, let alone 2.2.

Well, corsair is known to not work so well with DFI, so between the OCZ and GEIL, I'd go with the OCZ. If you read the first review, the guy got it to 250MHz, which is DDR500.

I've got RAM #1, OC's very well haven't reached it's limit yet and i've been to 2.9 Ghz...but I don't know about using it on a DFI motherboard, you may want to research that a little further...some rams don't like some motherboards and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom