Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
What MOBO / Chipset do you have ?

The Bios Version will be displayed during POST.
If you have a DELL, POST will not show you everything. You will need to press F2 to access the Bios, to enable "FULL POST".

Check your motherboard manufacturers website, they will have update. As a general rule though I dont update my bios unless there is a problem, or the update are offering performace boosts. You can end up messing up your bios, in which case you will have to reset it.

My MoBo is a DFI NB78-BC/BL/HC/HL (i845PE-W83627-6A69VD4NC-00), and my BIOS version is Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG.

You can do what Threepwood suggested. The Manufacturer will have the updated version to download. Is there a specific reason you wish to update the bios?

Well, you can flash the bios if you like. There might even be flash utilities specifically for your BIOS on the Manufacturers website.

I have never used that utility before. Flashing can introduce new problems. This LINK Will show you step by step on how to use that particular utility.

NOTE : Flashing the Bios can get tricky. I am really not the best at it. I have maybe only done it 2 or 3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom