Graphics card problems fixed with new pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
I put a Jaton geforce 7800 GT graphics card in my dimension 5150 dell with a 305 wat psu, one gig of ram, and a 3.4 ghz pentium 4 processor. Needless to say, it did not work out well. My benchmarks were well beneath 30 fps. I just ordered parts for a new amd athlon 64 3700+ pc. Will inserting the same card in a better pc likely solve the problem? Is it instead possible that the card is defective or something?

upgrade your PSU and you will be fine with your old system...

a nice 420 - 450 watt will do the trick. You can even go up to a 500 if you wish.

Well, the dell belongs to the family, and i wanted to get something for myself. My superiors would not let me alter the dell in any way, and so i just decided to order some parts for a new one.

It has been my understanding that a cheap psu would contribute to random restarts and crashes. Could a cheap psu also cause graphics card bottlenecks?

So then what is to blame if the computer and graphics card never froze? Could it be a motherboard problem or something? Or could the card be messed up?

Oh my god.. You just wasted 220$ for an extra 300MHz-500MHz increase?

And it is definitly the PSU.

I think the minimum for the 6600gt is 350 watts on a good PSU.

No. I am going from a pentium 4 to an AMD 64 processor. Also, this pc will be mine and not the family's. Plus, i hate Dells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom