user profile does not load, windows nt

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
Today when we went to start up one of our windows nt machines, we get this message saying-
-Your profile was not successfully loaded, but you have been logged on with the default system profile.-

I looked around and it says to log in as the administrator but when i try and do that i get the same message. I went into c:\winnt\profiles. The administrator folder and the other account we call DOMINO both have user folders. The information in the folders is no longer there. It is like someone deleted all the info. Any ideas how to get the accounts to work again. We just did a fresh install on monday and today we get this problem.

I also went in under vga mode and the same thing happens. I can not get to the event view to view the logs because the administrative tools are gone from the start menu.

benzimm86 said:
It is like someone deleted all the info. Any ideas how to get the accounts to work again.

check recycle bin.
or
restore from backup
or
rebuild profile from scratch

you might wanna check the hard drive for errors.

Checking the HDD for errors would be a good step.

To reg the profiles to work again, you need to delete the folders that they are using. Then reboot and login as them. It will recreate the profile there.

Have you check permissions on the folders? Do a search for NTuser.dat and see where it shows up. That is the registry for NT, 2k, XP user profiles. if it's in a strange place, that might be where the rest of it is.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom