Boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greencow_555

Baseband Member
Hi,

I recently posted about my screwed up computer. While I have yet to sort that I have created another problem somehow.

I had backed up all my files onto a maxtor 300g drive, just files and music and stuff, no programs, and I put it in my dads machine to retrieve some uni work. That all worked fine, it booted up, the drive was detected, and I got my files. When I shut it down, took my drive out and plugged the previous secondary drive back in, I turned it on again. It only got as far as the very first screen which has an MSI logo in big letters on a white background and it says press tab to switch to POST or hit Delete to go to BIOS. I have tried pressing both but it just sits there on this screen, it doesn't load past it if I leave it, or do anything at all.

Can anyone help?

its windows xp, about 2.8 ghz or something, 1024 mb ram.
Gaz

PRoviding I cleared the cmos correctly (by taking the battery out for 1 minute) then no, thats not working.

Thanks,

Gaz

When you reboot you should get a CMOS Checksum error, which means you cleared CMOS correctly.

Make sure the drive you put in is Set as master and the cable is connected correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom